Sometimes our day doesn’t go as we had planned it too. When little things start going wrong it is easy to just give up on the day, declare it as a failure and binge on chocolate and Netflix for the night, but when we put things into perspective are they really that bad?
Yesterday, the final straw for me was my printer breaking. It has been playing up for a while now but I always manage to get it working, but this time I couldn’t and I needed to print off an important document for my sister.Okay this must sound a really petty thing to get frustrated about, but there had been other problems earlier in the day which led to the printer incident becoming the end of the world!
Here are some tips to get you through a bad day…
- Take a breather. Go outside and breathe in some fresh air for a couple of minutes; for some reason the outdoors really helps me clear my head and think more clearly.
- Vent your frustrations. Call a friend or family member and tell them all about your shit day because talking about it makes it so much better. Remember, a problem shared is a problem halved. Also, you could even end up laughing about your day because sometimes you can’t take life too seriously.
- Be healthy. It’s easy to grab the chocolate when things aren’t going well, but eating healthier can make you feel better about yourself rather than feeling tired and bloated. Also going for a run,or exercise in general,really helps to relax the mind.
- Have a good nights sleep. Don’t continue the trend and start tomorrow off badly. Wake up the next day feeling energised and ready for the day ahead.
- Think about the positives in your life. Organise something with friends or family so that you have something to look forward to. Most importantly, try not to dwell on the negatives unless you feel you can change them into positives.
I hope this has helped those of you reading this stay positive and motivated!